Thursday, August 27, 2009

I need smaller clothes.

Losing 30lbs. Definitely satisfying. Not being able to buy smaller clothes, but feeling frumpy in my now-too-big clothes. Definitely unsatisfying! I am hesitant to go shopping not just because of my current financial situation but also because another 30lbs from now I'll need another round of smaller clothes. However, with 60lbs to go it feels unlikely that I won't buy anything new for the next 8 months. I can't wear my size 18 jeans forever.

Joe Fresh Style Fall '09

I guess this calls for one of my favourite things: compromise! And what better way to compromise than to shop at Superstore for clothes. Doesn't sound too glamorous, I know. But Superstore has the most amazing line of inexpensive clothing and I'm looking forward to my trip there on Saturday. My ideal wardrobe for when I am at my goal weight would consist of 8 to 10 carefully selected high-quality pieces. I am definitely into the idea of owning less and having the things I own be high-quality. This ideal will have to wait however, as the clothes I will be buying over the next 8 months will not be investment pieces.

Joe Fresh Style Fall '09

I also thought I would post another recipe. Tonight we had steak (mmm!) and couscous salad. I love couscous salad because it is easy to make, low in calories and high in protein.

Couscous Salad


  • Couscous, follow the instructions on the package and make as many servings as you need.
  • Tomato
  • Zucchini
  • Red Onion
  • Light Feta Cheese (1/4 c. per serving)
  • Fat Free Kraft Italian Dressing
So you'll cook the couscous (which is insanely easy) in advance and let it cool in the refrigerator, chop the zucchini, tomato and red onion (if you want to lessen the bite of onion, soak them in cold water for a bit prior to making the salad). Once you have everything ready, combine all the ingredients. You can add the dressing to taste, it's only 5 calories per tablespoon, so you can go nuts with it -- if you feel so inclined.

I also made chocolate chip cookie sandwiches today with the leftover buttercream I had from my Tuesday macarons. I ate too much cookie dough (I anticipated this), but felt okay about it because of my hour of cardio at the gym. The remaining cookies will go to work with B tomorrow. Let them get fat.

2 comments:

..such a fool said...

oooo I love trying out new salads to make. I make one similar to this but I use these multi-colored spiral pasta noodles. Sorry I don't know their real name, but thanks for the tip on using couscous! I'll have to try it next time because it looks just as delish as those cookie sandwiches!

~Kerri
Wanderlusting Fool

paigeduh said...

I recently lost 20 lbs and i'm experiencing the same clothing issues…

what i've done to save money and curb my wardrobe dissatisfaction is tailor a few things in myself, wear more dresses with belts -because looser dresses look more put-together that way- and when i felt the desperate need to buy something, i only bought one or two cheap (less than 20$) pairs of jeans just to hold me over till i get to a point where i'm not losing any more weight.

hope that helps and keep up the good work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails