Sunday, May 9, 2010

And I'm back!






Sorry for my absence last week and I hope you enjoyed the posts from Frizti Marie, Becka and Diana. All three proved that they are worth their weight in gold for their lovely blog posts. Last week was full with spending time with family. On Friday we celebrated the passing of a very kind man (a grandpa), who lived such a full and positive life. While I had only known him for the past two years it was really wonderful hearing stories about him and seeing his family be so close. He is true inspiration for living a successful life.

On Saturday we made a last minute decision to take a drive to Vernon (about five hours from Vancouver). I spent the majority of my childhood and teen years in Vernon and my younger sister still lives there today. It is a nice drive, full of rolling hills, mountains, trees and snow. I think we both needed to get out of the city. We enjoyed quesadillas and enchilladas from my favourite Mexican restaurant and time visiting with my sister.

On Sunday on our way home we stopped to play mini golf. This place in Kelowna was the ultimate birthday destination when I was a kid and it brought back a lot of memories. Needless to say we're better at posing than we are at golfing. Once we reached Hope (the filming location of the movie Rambo) we stopped at a great diner and enjoyed a dreamy piece of cocount cream pie.

Overall it was a great time but I am happy to be back and ready to blog!

5 comments:

FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

What fun pics and the dreamy coconut cream pie looks divine...you have me wanting to go mini golfing again too! :)

Liesl :)

caffeinerd said...

Oh my I LOVE me some coconut cream pie :)

Glad you had a fun vacation!

Ashley Lynn Fry said...

YUM! That pie looks amazing!

xo

Ange Friesen said...

I love that minigolf place. And I really want some pie now. Mmmmm.

Mackenzie {Design Darling} said...

mini golf is my favorite! it sounds like you had a blast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails